Wednesday, April 23, 2008

#48--Have a Picnic in a Park

Well, my friend Paul bought a picnic basket and took me out on a picnic by the river. It was a sunset picnic, and absolutely beautiful weather. The food included:
Dryer-thawed Uncrustable Sandwiches
Pretzel Sticks
Melted Ice Cream
South Beach Diet Pudding Cups
Warm Coke

It was absolutely hysterical. He brought his MacBook Air so we could listen to music, and his camera so we could document it for the blog. It got cold quickly, but we had a blast.

Some quotes from the night:
Paul (jokingly): God, this is romantic as hell.
Me: Ummm, I think it's kind of hard to say it's romantic when "Magic Stick" comes on and we're acting like dinosaurs.

Paul (in reference to the spoon that came with the picnic basket): Who the hell designed this? It's so primitive.
Me: Yeah, it's like man's first spoon *grunts primally, gesturing with the spoon*
Paul: Ah, yes, made out of the legendary plastic tree.

I had a blast, and since we have the picnic basket, we're going to try and make it a regular occurrence to have picnics with our friends. It was great :) Another one down!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Meris! (It's Kristina N.) I'm happy your picnic worked out! I tried going to the same spot your photos were from, at sunset too, only I almost got arrested for trespassing. The cop put her siren and lights on and lectured me on how it's a felony to trespass in Virginia. Glad your experience was just great!