Saturday, June 20, 2009

#53--Model For an Art Class

I did this three times during fall semester, and it was so awesome! On a whim, I just emailed the art department and asked if they were looking for any models. Turns out they were looking for face models and nude models, and so I signed up. I did face modeling one day, and nude modeling two days. I didn't know if I'd have the guts to actually go through with the nude modeling, but I told myself I wanted to push my comfort zones a little bit, so I just bit the bullet and went for it.

It was really cool! I learned how to basically shut off all the things in my mind telling me to be self-conscious, or reminding me how uncomfortable it was to hold that pose. I was able to see the drawings the class produced, and they were truly amazing. I wish I had access to one to put on the blog, but sadly, I don't. If I ever get the ability to, I'll add it for sure.

2 comments:

Monocle Barbie said...

wow that is something i have always thought about doing at some point, what a great experience it must have been!

brainHacker said...

In high school I let a friend take a nude photo of us that she then painted or drew later on for an art project. It was an interesting experience, and if certain grants don't come through I might wind up doing it again :-P