Wednesday, February 27, 2008

#34--Learn How to Shoot a Gun (Well, Preferably)


Well, yesterday I headed out to VA Beach to do some shooting with one of the guys from the rescue squad. He brought a few guns; I shot the .22 caliber rifle (which is apparently older than he is!), and the .9mm Glock 17. The Glock was my definite favorite!

Turns out I'm not that bad of a shot! I had the best aim with the rifle, but I didn't do too shabby from 25ft with the Glock.
I can't wait to go back; I'm definitely hooked. When I'm 21 and allowed to buy a handgun, I think I'm going to for sure.
Well, consider this one done, but not done forever. I'll let you know when I go back ;)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh yes, you seem so natural with the nine in your hands there...or is that it? Excuse me, I do not know my handguns that well.

Be blessed spirit-wrangler! Bless your mother for me...and I will see you soon...

SOS

Anonymous said...

I'm glad you had fun and just say the word and we'll go again. That is actually a S&W Sigma 40cal she's holding. I haqve a few other things in mind for your 101.
Chris

Fyremandoug said...

We are teaching my 13 year old niece firearm safety and I want to use your picture of you holding the automaic with your trigger finger indexed properly to show her a woman doing the right thing witha firearm

Anonymous said...

Wanna own a daschund!? I've owned 4 in my life. Great dogs. Prefer miniatures. They can really yap when the doorbell rings. Make good feet warmers in bed.